Friday, July 15, 2011

Let's start from the start

I'm Leda. I am 25 years old and the mother of 2 amazing kids. Blaine will be 8 next month and Delia is 8 1/2 months old. My husband Todd is the most wonderful, loving, caring and understanding man I have ever known.

My issues with Rheumatoid Arthritis began in February of 2007. I had just become a cosmetologist and was in love with my job. I started getting stiff knees and fingers in February. "This is normal when you are standing and doing repetitive motins all day" is what I told myself. The other girls told me it happened to them but you get better after your body adjusts. Mine didn't, it just kept getting worse. Within the month it got to the point that I could hardly turn the key in my car let alone walk up the 3 stairs to my front door. I remember crying and crying and crying, just wondering why it had to be this way.

In April I decided that if I didn't go to the doctor I wasn't going to be able to live life. My son was almost 4 and it took all I had to take care of him on a day to day basis. My husband started having to do everything and I felt horrible. I had blood drawn and got a call back with a referral to a Rheumatologist.

I'll stop here. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment